Monday, January 4, 2010

Celiac Disease And Eating Gluten Free Isn't The End Of The World!


For those people out there with Celiac disease it's a pretty detrimental thing to go through, realizing that all those foods you once could eat, you no longer can. You can, but they would end up making you sicker than it’s worth. I don't have Celiac, but I do have Esophagitis so I sort of have had to go through the same regimen as far as changing my diet goes. However, for all the things I can't eat, I always find one more thing I can eat. Whole I can't eat things like beef, meat, chicken, sweets, fried stuff, anything with carbs, etc. I have found that things such as gluten free cookies do make me less sick.

Maybe it's because of the lack of gluten, or the preservatives and chemicals. Either way, there is still hope for you yet. A lot of foods out there do not contain gluten's, and a lot do, so it's best if you can simply write down a list of do's and dont's and work your menus around that. Another thing you can do is actually buy foods that are gluten free - specially prepared for instances such as this. These items such as the gluten free snack products like animal cookies contain all natural flavors, and do not contain things like eggs, cholesterol, lactose, peanuts, additives, or preservatives.

Over all these products are great for people that can't eat gluten, but also people that want to watch their weight and eat and feel better. So while some of these are from a gluten free bakery, doesn't necessarily mean they are JUST for people with Celiac disease. You can also buy wheat free cooking and gluten free crackers as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Gluten Free Blog Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Ajax Union Internet Marketing